They spend significantly more than we expected.
Today the cash hit my bank account. It’s official: Medium will pay article writers.
Before we digest exactly what we made, here are a few appropriate links in the event this is basically the very first you’ve learned about moderate having to pay real cash to real individuals.
- Partner Program FAQ. You’ll find out how Medium determines things to pay, just just exactly how claps influence payment, and much more good stuff.
- Would like to get pa >Anyway, right right right here it really is. Paycheck # 1.
Observe that “How your locked tales contributed part that is? If so when you then become a compensated writer, you’ll have actually a few choices before you publish:
- You are able to secure the tale and work out it readable for users only. This reduces the traffic you’ll have, however it’s the way that is only get. The four tales for the reason that screenshot had been the ones that are only made a decision to secure, therefore moderate paid me personally for them. Seem sensible? Cool. Let’s check each one of the tales.
Locked Tale 1:
- 1K views, 843 reads, 78% read ratio
- 76 fans
- 617 claps
- Payment: $139.73
That one had been a little bit of a test as it had been my very first locked post. I desired to see if composing locked tales as time goes by had been a good notion.
It is effortlessly among the best tales I’ve written on moderate. We go on it become an excellent sign if I’m laughing when I told the tragic tale of Chad, Stacy and the ex who would not let go as I write something, and I really never stopped laughing.
I’m good the traffic suffered because We decided to secure it, but I became happily surprised once I saw Medium’s estimated repayment for my efforts. Thus I made a decision to carry on.
Locked Stories 2 and 3:
- 51K combined views, 42K combined reads
- 8,800 combined fans
- 98K combined claps
- Combined re re payment: $50.05
Wondering why these tales got a great deal traffic but therefore payment that is little? It is as the majority that is vast of views and claps happened if they had been unlocked and free for anybody to learn. We locked all of them a few weeks after initially publishing.
So these whole tales are two high quality examples of unlocked posts that went bananas until these people were locked. As soon as that happened, traffic found a screeching halt. We figured it might take place, but i desired to see just what the re re payment would end up being.
Let the traffic figures during both of these tales be described as a concept to you personally: if you wish to gain views, reads and supporters, simply reveal Medium every time they make modifications.
Note: both these whole stories are unlocked once more should you want to read them.